Registration for CAT 2021 closed on September 22 at 5:00 p.m. The registration period was supposed to end on September 15, but the deadline for submitting CAT application forms was postponed by a week. This year, more than 2.31 people have applied for a CAT exam. From September 25 (10:00 am) to September 27, the CAT application form correction window will be open (5:00 pm). Only during the correction of the form will the candidates be able to update their photo signature and examine the city preference.
The CAT 2021 exam will be held on November 28th. The CAT 2021 exam will be held in three slots at about 425 test centers in 159 locations across India, according to IIM Ahmedabad. The design, structure of the exam and the curriculum for the CAT 2021 exam have not changed. The exam will last two hours, and on paper there will be 76 questions. The COVID-19 rules, such as social separation, wearing a face mask and graded admission to exam centers, will be implemented during CAT 2021. On October 27, 2021, the CAT 2021 admission card will be released.
- Due to the COVID-19 epidemic, student eligibility restrictions have been reduced in terms of required graduation scores. In their application form in CAT 2021, candidates can write “Promotion / Transition”. Only candidates who complete their first degree this year or are in their final year in the first degree program (2021 and 2022) are eligible for this exemption.
- The application fee for CAT 2021 has been increased: The application fee has been increased by 10% compared to the previous year. The cost of the CAT 2021 has been increased from Rs 2,000 to Rs 2,200 for students in the general category and for all students without reservation, and from Rs 1,000 to Rs 1,100 for students in the reserved category.
- The number of CAT test cities has increased: The CAT 2021 exam will be held this year in 159 locations across India. There were 156 cities where the exam was held last year. The exam is expected to take place at 425 test centers in these 159 locations.
- The number of people who want to take the CAT test has increased: The total number of cities from which candidates can choose the application form for allocating the CAT 2021 test center has increased to six. In the event of a COVID-19 epidemic, this will provide students with additional options for choosing a city to examine.
- Srinagar is one of the test cities: Candidates can now choose the exam city they want as Srinagar (Gemo and Kashmir). The CAT exam will be held in the city for the first time.
Emphasis on the CAT 2021 exam
The table below lists some of the key highlights of the CAT 2021 exam that candidates should know. Before you read all about the CAT 2021 exam in detail, take a look at the highlights:
|Exam name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Conducting Institute||IIM Ahmadabad|
|Frequency of exams||Once a year|
|test schedule||November 28, 2021|
|Exam fees||2,200 rupees (general category) and 1,100 rupees (reserved category)|
|Eligibility criteria||Graduation with a cumulative 50% (45% for SC / ST students)|
|Number of applications||2.31 Lach (in 2021)|
|The purpose of the exam||Admission to IIMs, SPJIMR, FMS, MDI, IMT and over 1,200 B-Schools in India|
|Course offered||MBA / PGDM|
|Syllabus CAT||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension (VARC)
· Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning (DILR)
· Quantitative capability (QA)
|CAT pattern||CBT with MCQs and not MCQs|
|Number of test cities||159|
|Exam help desk number||1-800-210-1088 (toll free)|
CAT 2021 Exam Criteria
The minimum eligibility criteria for the CAT exam are graduation. Read below for more details on CAT eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree with a minimum cumulative 50 percent or equivalent CGPA (45 percent cumulative for SC, ST and PWD / DA category) from a recognized council or university to participate in CAT 2021
- The candidate must complete a professional degree (CA / CS / ICWA) with the required percentage
- Applicants who appear for the last year of a bachelor’s degree / equivalent certification or are waiting for the result are also eligible to apply for the CAT 2021 exam
CAT 2021 Test: Important Points
CAT 2021 Application Window: The CAT 2021 application window remains open for approximately 45 days (August 4 to September 22 for CAT 2021). Applicants are given about a month and a half to fill out the form. You can register first on the official website and fill out the form later. However, they have to submit the CAT 2021 application form and pay the fees before the deadline.
No additional cost of Form IIM: The CAT 2021 application form is also used as an application for IIMs. This means that the CAT 2021 application form includes the field in which the candidate can choose to apply for up to 20 IIMs. The candidate will not be required to complete a separate application form from the Institute to participate in the WAT-PI round of those IIMs that they will select in the CAT 2021 Examination Application Form.
Single day exam: CAT 2021 test in all three sessions – morning (8:30 to 10:30), afternoon (12:30 to 14:30) and evening (16:30 to 18:30)
Exam format: CAT is a computer-based test conducted in dedicated examination centers in 159 citations. Each candidate is assigned a computer system inside the exam hall. They need to connect with their CAT 2021 certifications to start the test. To enter the selected experience for MCQ, candidates should use the mouse pad and create a non-MCQ login answer, candidates should use the keyboard. Limited time is allocated to each section of the CAT question paper so candidates are not allowed to waste time.
Selection of courses: CAT 2021 provides a selection of 50 MBA programs in IIMs. Courses include MBA, PGP, EMBA, PGPeX, PhD, Executive PhD and FPM
Why expect CAT 2021 question paper?
Since there will be no change in the number of seats available for the CAT 2021 exam this year, the question paper and test structure will be the same as last year. Here are some important things to expect from CAT 2021 Questionnaire:
- VARC, DILR and Quantitative Aptitude will be the three components of the CAT 2021 exam paper.
- The following is an arrangement of question paper CAT 2021: Section 1 contains VARC, Section 2 includes DILR, and Section 3 contains Quantitative Capacity.
- There will be 24 questions about VARC, 26 questions about DILR and 26 questions about quantitative fitness.
- While VARC and DILR will have both MCQs and non-MCQs, Quantitative Aptitude will only have MCQs.
CAT 2021 Exam Preparation Tips
Those aiming for the CAT 2021 exam should start studying early. To achieve a 99+ percentage on the exam, you must prepare for at least six months. Conceptual clarity, practice and updating are the three pillars of CAT 2021 preparation. Those who take the CAT exam for the first time should start learning earlier (by March), first get to know the material and structure of the exam, and then plan a learning strategy. Here are some helpful tips for getting started with CAT 2021 Exam:
- Make a list of topics based on your talents and weaknesses.
- Join online study groups on social media sites like Facebook, YouTube and Telegram.
- To prepare a CAT, gather the necessary study materials and recommended books.
- Make a daily schedule and assign one topic from VARC, DILR and QA per day.
- That day, practice two or three questions from the topic you learned to see how much you saved.
- Gradually increase the pace at which you cover the amount of topics each day.
CAT 2021 entrance ticket
The CAT 2021 entrance ticket will be issued in the second week of October on the official website. The CAT entrance ticket is a mandatory document to carry to the exam center, so candidates must download a color print from it. It is recommended to download two copies, as one copy must be submitted at the exam center. The CAT 2021 admission card will contain the test center location, exam slot, reporting time, and other related information. Here is the process for downloading the CAT 2021 entrance ticket.
- Log in to the CAT website
- Click the Login tab
- Enter the application number and password of CAT 2021
- Go to the Admission Cards section
- Click Download
Instructions for CAT Exam Day
Candidates who appear for the exam must carry the following documents to the exam center to enter the exam hall:
- Admission Card: Candidates appearing for the CAT 2021 exam must print their admission cards with a picture affixed to them. No entry will be allowed without an entrance ticket and photo ID.
- Proof of identity: Along with the admission card, applicants are required to carry proof with a photo such as a college ID (valid debit / credit card must be supported), employer card, driver’s license, passport, PAN card, voter card or Aadhaar card.
- Renaming document: In case a candidate has changed his name, he will be required to carry a renaming certificate / document.
Prohibited items in the CAT 2021 exam hall:
- Calculator, watch, phone, iPad or any electronic item
- bags and wallets
- Foods and beverages
- Jewelry and accessories containing metal
- Jackets and clothes with pockets
- Closed footwear
Results and scorecard of CAT 2021
CAT 2021 exam results will be published in the first week of January. The result can be announced as early as January 1 or 2, 2022. The CAT 2021 exam scorecard will be available in PDF format, which can be accessed using the login ID and password on the CAT 2021. Gross scores (section and general) and percentages (section and total) for each candidate Will be included in the CAT 2021 result card with honors.
Here is the process for downloading the CAT 2021 result.
- Log in to the CAT website
- Click the CAT 2021 Results / Scorecard tab
- Enter CAT application number and password
- Go to the Scorecards section
- Click Download
- Shortly after the CAT 2021 results are announced, the IIMs will begin the process of completing the IIM shortlist for the MBA.
Frequently asked questions regarding the CAT 2021 exam
Q: What is the CAT 2021 exam date?
A: The CAT 2021 exam date is November 28th. The exam date was officially announced by IIM Ahmedabad on July 31st. The CAT exam will be held in three slots as last year. The three slots are: morning, slot 1: 8:30 to 10:30 pm, slot 2: 12:30 to 14:30 in the evening, slot 3: 16:30 to 18:30
Q: What is the schedule for correcting the CAT 2021 application form?
A: The CAT 2021 registration process with honors ended on September 22nd. The process of correcting the form will begin on September 25 and end on September 27. Candidates will be able to edit a photo, sign and check a city preference.
Q: Is there an age limit to appear in the CAT 2021 exam?
A: No, there is no age limit set to appear in the CAT exam. Any candidate who is a graduate or is in the last year to complete the degree is eligible to apply for a CAT. Working professionals are also eligible to appear in the CAT.
- I’m in the second year of graduation. Can I appear for CAT 2021 for practice?
A: No, the candidate must meet the minimum CAT eligibility criteria to appear for the exam. If you have not completed your studies and / or are not in the final year of your bachelor’s degree, your application form will be rejected.
Q: What are the IIM scholarship programs that CAT candidates can take advantage of upon admission?
A: IIMs provide scholarships to eligible candidates and those who belong to the weaker part financially. Applicants can take advantage of this benefit by submitting the relevant documents upon admission.